NTT course Tuesday 19th July and Tuesday 6th September 2016 - available until end of October 2016
Below are materials related to the training we discussed for the New to Travel course. This is provided for a limited time but remember, all the other materials all over this website are always available to you.
KEY RESOURCES in TRAVEL HEALTH but remember these are always on the 'Panda Page' - see image left side of home page.
NEW - page connecting all the resources for a travel service - click HERE
Relevant handouts following the NTT training
ACCESS THESE CASE STUDIES TO PRACTICE DIRECTLY BY CLICKING ON THE IMAGES BELOW
- TO READ AN ARTICLE entitled NEW TO TRAVEL HEALTH? HOW TO GET STARTED - click here
- To sign up to the Vaccine Update and/or subscribe to updates on other publications such as new chapters of the Green Book, click here
- The complete routine immunisation schedule from Summer 2016 click here
- CDC Yellow book Free of charge online here, as a book see here for Amazon, for details of apps see IoS format and Android format
- Direct link to the immunisation training course online click here
- Direct link to the immunology videos click here but you will also find these on the HELP immunisation resources page click here
- To look at individual vaccines go to the EMC here and seach the name of the drug of disease you wish the vaccine to protect against.
- Recommendation for administering more than one live vaccine see here
- Yellow Fever course from Health Protection Scotland (remember this does NOT replace NaTHNaC training if you are a registered Yellow Fever Centre in England, Wales or N. Ireland) see here
- BNF online via NICE here
- Risk assessment and management forms, travel advice leaflet, post vaccination letter and much more see TOOLS
- My Facebook page see here (please LIKE!)
- My Blog site here
- Focus on Hepatitis B information here
- New pharma company in the UK - Valneva
FROM DAY 2
- Video from WHO on polio shown on day 2 here
- FAQs on topics such as charging and prescribing for travel here
- To download a travel clinic protocol in Word format click here see no. 19 in TOOLS
- Nursing Standard CPD article on vaccines storage and management see here and the HELP page see here
- Yellow fever - list of countries with risk of transmission and countries requiring yellow fever vaccination WHO page here
- Rabies Green Book Chapter 27 see here
- PHE guidelines on rabies post - exposure treatment (April 2016) here
- Rabies resources from my website (including video, booklet and poster) see here (N.B. scroll right down to the bottom!)
- Polio information from NaTHNaC here and here and WHO video shown here but look at others too when on the page
- Zika virus information from NaTHNaC and from CDC and leaflet for Mosquito bite avoidance for travellers here
- Zika virus information on the HOT NEWS page HERE
FINDING YOUR WAY AROUND WWW.JANECHIODINI.CO.UK - remember down the left hand side of the HOME page are images of some of the most useful pages to access directly rather than using the menu at the top.
- MANY helpful tools to standardise your service can be found on the tools page - or click on the image of the fruit and cutlery below! These will include travel risk assessment and management forms (nos. 1 and 2), advice leaflet and post vaccination letter you can customise (nos. 4 and 5), last minute traveller poster (no. 10), bravery certificates (no. 14), poster regarding rabies for reception staff (no. 16) and much much more!
- Wanting more education on travel - click the trainig image below
- Don't forget the HELP page has loads of resources topic by topic
- To find the latest item added to this website go to 'What's New' click here or image below right
I hope I've remembered everything! If not please e mail me at email@example.com
If you've found this helpful please let me know. Similarly if you've had problems with it, I'd appreciate knowing what the issue was so I can improve it for next time!