HELLO - this page is just for you! The content below will be available to you until the end of 2016, but please note, while it was up to date at the time of the travel health update you attended, some items may move after this time and I don't monitor keeping this individual page up to date. After the page is taken 'down' , all other pages on the website will still be available and I try hard to keep them updated.
Over the years, I've enjoyed designing 'tools' and resources for health care professionals to use in their daily practice - created to make the process easier for you. When using tools such as vaccine and malaria charts, advice leaflets etc. make sure though that you are always using the latest version. I would ask you to read the copyright and disclaimer statements please.
Resources presented mostly in order of presentation - I may have included some items below I didn't discuss on the day but I hope you enjoyed the session!
Finding your way around and keeping up to date
- My Facebook Page (Travel Health Training Ltd) here (please like!)
- My Blog here
- Practice Nurse Travel Health Update articles here
- NaTHNaC TravelHealthPro eBook
- NaTHNaC - to subscribe to alerts and newsletter here and see right hand side of page
- If a TRAVAX user click on Account on the top menu and subscribe to news and outbreaks from there
- To sign up to the Vaccine Update and/or subscribe to updates on other publications such as new chapters of the Green Book
- For further update learning access the Faculty of Travel Medicine Hub and then please complete the short survey after here. To see an article about it see here
Diseases and Vaccine update information
Case study extras
- Guidelines for malaria prevention in travellers from the UK 2015 - see hyperlinked index
- Chart for advice for travellers needing malaria chemoprophylaxis while taking warfarin
- Administering chemoprophlylaxis to children chart in TOOLS item 21 here and NaTHNaC chart of paediatric doses - here.
- Malaria resources page from the HELP section
- Vaccine storage resources from the 'HELP' section of my website (note scroll to bottom of the page!) see here
- CQC Nigel’s Surgery: Tips and mythbusters for GP practices see nos. 17 (vaccine storage) and 76 (Waste management)
- Waste Management - Blog being written and resources will be provided in due course
- Safety needles from Vaccine update here see page 3
- Video from National Geographic about contolling pain on vaccination here
- FAQ page for prescribing vaccines here
- FGM and travel resources
- Awareness of Forced Marriage Abroad here
The Gap Year Traveller or Backpacker here if there is time!
Snips of information
- NEW - resources for a Travel Health Service
- The Faculty of Travel Medicine Education HUB see here and to complete the survey please here
- ILGA maps for lesbian and gay rights maps
- Routine National Immunisation schedule here containing vaccines for those with medical conditions - check the second page
- IATA Medical Manual (for fitness to fly from page 51) April 2016 see HERE
And a little more information!
- Subscribing to the Green Book, Vaccine Update and other resources see here
- The Green Book front cover and contents page see here
- Department of Health here
- Public Health England here
- BNF via NICE here
- NaTHNaC for clinical updates here
- Off label vaccine leaflets see here
- Vaccines stored outside the recommended temperature range see here
- EMC website here
FINDING YOUR WAY AROUND WWW.JANECHIODINI.CO.UK - remember down the left hand side of the HOME page are images of some of the most useful pages to access directly rather than using the menu at the top.
- MANY helpful tools to standardise your service can be found on the tools page - or click on the image of the fruit and cutlery below! These will include travel risk assessment and management forms (nos. 1 and 2), advice leaflet and post vaccination letter you can customise (nos. 4 and 5), last minute traveller poster (no. 10), bravery certificates (no. 14), poster regarding rabies for reception staff (no. 16) and much much more!
- Wanting more education on travel - click the trainig image below
- Don't forget the HELP page has loads of resources topic by topic
- To find the latest item added to this website go to 'What's New' click here or image below right
I hope I've remembered everything! If not please e mail me at email@example.com
If you've found this helpful please let me know. Similarly if you've had problems with it, I'd appreciate knowing what the issue was so I can improve it for next time!