HELLO - this page is just for you! The content below will be available to you until the end of 2016, but please note, while it was up to date at the time of the travel health update you attended, some items may move after this time and I don't monitor keeping this individual page up to date. After the page is taken 'down' , all other pages on the website will still be available and I try hard to keep them updated.
Over the years, I've enjoyed designing 'tools' and resources for health care professionals to use in their daily practice - created to make the process easier for you. When using tools such as vaccine and malaria charts, advice leaflets etc. make sure though that you are always using the latest version. I would ask you to read the copyright and disclaimer statements please.
Resources presented mostly in order of presentation - I may have included some items below I didn't discuss on the day!
KEY RESOURCES in TRAVEL HEALTH but remember these are always on the 'Panda Page' - see image left side of home page.
Finding your way around and keeping up to date
- My Facebook Page (Travel Health Training Ltd) here (please like!)
- My Blog here
- Practice Nurse Travel Health Update articles here
- NaTHNaC TravelHealthPro eBook
- NaTHNaC - to subscribe to alerts and newsletter here and see right hand side of page
- If a TRAVAX user click on Account on the top menu and subscribe to news and outbreaks from there
- To sign up to the Vaccine Update and/or subscribe to updates on other publications such as new chapters of the Green Book
- The Green Book front cover and contents page see here
- BNF via NICE here
- Hospital for Tropical Diseases Travel Clinic
- For further update learning access the Faculty of Travel Medicine Hub and then please complete the short survey after here. To see an article about it see here
- Hepatitis B booster - page 178 of the Green Book here and my blog about hepatitis B with change to the 0, 1 and 2 month schedule here
- Understanding hepatitis B vaccines here
- Green Book chapters for hepatitis A, typhoid and cholera
- Public Health England pages for hepatitis A, typhoid and paratyphoid and cholera
- Travellers' diarrhoea from the CDC Yellow Book, information from NHS Choices
- Travellers' Diarrhoea BMJ clinical review HERE (login details required but podcast available free of charge) and open access paper from TMAID (Systematic review of loperamide: No proof of antibiotics being superior to loperamide in treatment of mild/moderate travellers' diarrhoea) HERE
- Water filtration from fitfortravel
- Pure Hydration video with sub titles here (please note I am not endorsing this product but the video is useful from an educational perspective)
- Japanese encephalitis information from NaTHNaC
- Ixiaro SPC from the Electronic Medicines Compendium
- Map of endemicity of rabies from the WHO see here
- Resources for rabies and make sure you scroll right to the bottom of the page
- Public Health England guidelines on managing rabies post-exposure treatment (April 2016)
- Public Health England Rabies post exposure risk assessment form and calendar see HERE
- Men ACWY issues detailed in a blog here
- Meninigitis certificate for Visa purposes here
- Zika information - all the information can be accessed from the HOT NEWS page
- WHO Zika app here
- Yellow fever resources from the WHO including outbreak information and many other items
- Yellow fever factsheet from WHO
- Yellow fever chapter 35 from the Green Book
- Yellow fever certificate video from NaTHNaC on You Tube
- Example of yellow fever certificate on Travel Health Pro
- Recommendation for administering more than one live vaccine see here
- Yellow Fever Zone on Travel Health Pro, and the Training Portal
- WHO Annex of Countries with risk of yellow fever transmission and countries requiring yellow fever vaccination (11 July 2016) here and outbreak situation details here
- Yellow Fever course from Health Protection Scotland (remember this does NOT replace NaTHNaC training if you are a registered Yellow Fever Centre in England, Wales or N. Ireland) see here
- Guidelines for malaria prevention in travellers from the UK 2015 - see hyperlinked index
- Chart for advice for travellers needing malaria chemoprophylaxis while taking warfarin
- Administering chemoprophlylaxis to children chart in TOOLS item 21 here and NaTHNaC chart of paediatric doses - here.
- Malaria resources page from the HELP section
- CDC information on approach to the immunocompromised traveller here
- Chapter 6 and Chapter 7 of the Green Book
- HIV information page here
Snips of information
- NEW - resources for a Travel Health Service
- The Faculty of Travel Medicine Education HUB see here and to complete the survey please here
- ILGA maps for lesbian and gay rights maps
- Routine National Immunisation schedule here containing vaccines for those with medical conditions - check the second page
- IATA Medical Manual (for fitness to fly from page 51) April 2016 see HERE
FINDING YOUR WAY AROUND WWW.JANECHIODINI.CO.UK - remember down the left hand side of the HOME page are images of some of the most useful pages to access directly rather than using the menu at the top.
- MANY helpful tools to standardise your service can be found on the tools page - or click on the image of the fruit and cutlery below! These will include travel risk assessment and management forms (nos. 1 and 2), advice leaflet and post vaccination letter you can customise (nos. 4 and 5), last minute traveller poster (no. 10), bravery certificates (no. 14), poster regarding rabies for reception staff (no. 16) and much much more!
- Wanting more education on travel - click the trainig image below
- Don't forget the HELP page has loads of resources topic by topic
- To find the latest item added to this website go to 'What's New' click here or image below right
I hope I've remembered everything! If not please e mail me at email@example.com
If you've found this helpful please let me know. Similarly if you've had problems with it, I'd appreciate knowing what the issue was so I can improve it for next time!