HELLO - this page is just for you! The content below will be available to you until the end of June 2016.
I may have included some items below I didn't discuss on the day but I hope you enjoyed the session!
TRAVEL MEDICINE: MEETING THE NEEDS OF THE COMPLEX TRAVELLER
Case study 1. The Early Years
Case study 2. The Invincible Years
Case study 3. The Productive Years
- Malaria case study e learning - go to case study 4 but you're welcome to review the others as well!
- Resources for the female traveller which includes links to the RCPG leaflets for pregnant travellers
- Bite prevention resources - booklet for bite prevention advice will be added to this page in due course
Case study 4. The Mature Years
And a little more information!
- Subscribing to the Green Book, Vaccine Update and other resources see here
- The Green Book front cover and contents page see here and the Green Book app here
- Department of Health here
- Public Health England here
- BNF via NICE here
- NaTHNaC for clinical updates here
- Practice Nurse Updates on my website here
- My new Facebook page see here (please LIKE!)
- My Blog site here
- RCN Supporting the delivery of immunisation education see here
- RCN position on HCSWs administering specific vaccinations, given as part of the routine national schedule HERE
- Immunisation resources from the 'HELP' section of this website see here
- Vaccine storage resources from the 'HELP' section of my website (note scroll to bottom of the page!) see here
- Off label vaccine leaflets see here
- Vaccines stored outside the recommended temperature range see here
- Polio - latest from NaTHNaC here
- Yellow fever Green Book Chapter 35 see here
- Revised recommendation for administering more than one live vaccine see here
- PHE Reports dengue here and chikungunya here
- Malaria resources from the 'HELP' section of my website see here
- Malaria Matters here
- Malaria Multi-destinations here and also image at top of page
- Malaria leaflet from RCOG here and air travel for pregnant women here
- EMC website for malaria chemoprophylaxis see here search atovaquone proguanil
- Apps from the NHS see here and for the CDC app entitled 'TravWell' and 'Can I eat this' here
- RCNi for a system to build your portfolio for revalidation here
- Infographics Road safety from the WHO - posters on global road safety see here and on travel insurance from the Foreign and Commonwealth Office see here, WHO for Ebola see here and insect borne diseases see here
FINDING YOUR WAY AROUND WWW.JANECHIODINI.CO.UK - remember down the left hand side of the HOME page are images of some of the most useful pages to access directly rather than using the menu at the top.
- MANY helpful tools to standardise your service can be found on the tools page - or click on the image of the fruit and cutlery below! These will include travel risk assessment and management forms (nos. 1 and 2), advice leaflet and post vaccination letter you can customise (nos. 4 and 5), last minute traveller poster (no. 10), bravery certificates (no. 14), poster regarding rabies for reception staff (no. 16) and much much more!
- Wanting more education on travel - click the trainig image below
- Don't forget the HELP page has loads of resources topic by topic
- To find the latest item added to this website go to 'What's New' click here or image below right
I hope I've remembered everything! If not please e mail me at email@example.com
If you've found this helpful please let me know. Similarly if you've had problems with it, I'd appreciate knowing what the issue was so I can improve it for next time!