CLICK to go back to the HELP page
1. Immunisation against infectious disease 'The Green Book'
2. Vaccine Update
3. Childhood immunisation schedule for the UK - there are two different charts available as follows:
- For the complete routine immunisation schedule here
- For the routine childhood immunisation schedule here
4. What to expect after vaccination - leaflet from DH for healthcare professionals to use in under five year olds and Vaccines and porcine gelatine leaflet published 15 September 2015
5. Variety of different immunisation leaflets from NHS Health Scotland on a number of topics and some in several languages
6. Vaccination of individuals with uncertain or incomplete immunisation status July 2016
7. Quick chart of vaccine-preventable disease terms in multiple languages and another one here
8. European Control and Disease Prevention (ECDC) Vaccine schedule tool
9. World Health Organisation (WHO) vaccine-preventable diseases: monitoring system
10. The Immunisation page from the Public Health England
11. Historical vaccine developments and introduction of vaccines in the UK (from Public Health England)
12. RCN Immunisation page with links to many resources including travel health, but for a more specific page on travel health also click here
13. Immunology for Immunisers - this contains some excellent videos on the topic, developed by the Health Protection Agency (HPA). It includes ten FAQs to help you explain some immunisation issues with your patients as well.
14. Immunisation Training Resources for Healthcare Professionals from the Public Health England
15. E-learning course on immunisation from Skills for Health updated December 2016
16. Vaccination Ingredients page from NHS CHoice (some great resources)
17. Oxford Vaccine Group - Vaccine Knowledge Project - Authorative Information for All
18. NICE guidance: Vaccine uptake in under 19s (Quality standard [QS145])
19. MenB vaccine and paracetamol guidance from Public Health England
KEY IMMUNISATION TRAINING AND GUIDANCE DOCUMENTS, plus RCN resources page - click on images below
RCN IMMUNISATION resources and RCN TRAVEL HEALTH resources pages (or click images above)
RCN position on HCSWs administering specific vaccinations, given as part of the routine national schedule HERE
There are excellent resources in other countries too, here are some links for interest, but just remember if practising in the UK you should follow our National guidance.
The Australian Immunisation Handbook
Canadian Immunization Guide
USA - CDC Vaccines and Immunization page which leads to numerous resources. Their Pink Book is similar to our Uk Green Book. For example, HERE is a direct link to the information on Vaccine Administration
Immunization Action Coalition - this is also a US website, it has some interesting information to peruse!
Talking About Vaccines with Dr. Paul Offit of the Vaccine Education Center at The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia answers many common questions about the safety of vaccines and the science behind their development in this video series.