Are you travelling abroad on a special trip? (excluding Hogwarts of course!)
Please find below a selection of useful resources to help you travel safely in terms of your health (more will be added in due course). Travel can be adventurous, challenging and exhilarating. To be well prepared before you go will hopefully just keep you safer while having a brilliant time when away.
UK NATIONAL RESOURCES FOR TRAVEL HEALTH
The following videos are highly recommended to help you appreciate the risk of rabies, malaria, travellers' diarrhoea, hepatitis B, general travel risks and travel insurance. Click on the images below to see the relevant video.
USEFUL APPS (keep looking here for more to be added)
Click on the image below to go to more information
LEAFLETS/DOCUMENTS/RESOURCES by IMAGE
LEAFLETS and DOCUMENTS
- The rabies video above in booklet format here
- List of numerous useful websites click here
- Malaria leaflet from Public Health England click here
- Mosquito bite avoidance for travellers click here
- Travelling at high altitude booklet from Medex.org.uk click here
- Travel and sexual health leaflet by Dr Caroline Turner (SpR GUM, Barts Health NHS Trust) click here
- To create a fun map of your travels around the world! See here
- Leaflet about travel for those with lymphoedema from the Lymphoedema Support Network, on NHS Choices see here
HINTS and TIPS
Please note the Copyright and Disclaimer statements of Travel Health Training Ltd.