CLICK to go back to the HELP page
1. Storage, distribution and disposal of vaccines - The Green Book chapter 3, updated June 2013
2. Protocol for ordering, storing and handling vaccines from PHE updated March 2014 (also see image below)
3. Vaccine incident guidance
4. 'Keep your vaccines healthy' poster from Public Health England
6. Immform helpsheet no. 18 - Fridge Failures and Stock Incidents
7. Guidance on Vaccine Storage and Handling v2.0 published August 2013 from Health Protection Scotland
8. Care Quality Commission Mythbuster no. 17 Vaccines storage and fridges in GP practices and from Public Health England What to do if issues with vaccine storage management are identified during a Care Quality Commission inspection
9. Excel spreadsheets for Vaccine Stock Management regarding the travel and childhood vaccines can be found in 12a and 12b in tools
10. Public Health England Off Label Vaccine leaflets here
11. The Oxford Vaccine Group and PHE Vaccine Storage Audit Tool here
12. Vaccine Storage and Handling Toolkit published May 2014 from CDC. Also in 2014, CDC added a 45 minute video entitled 'Keys to Storing and Handling Your Vaccine Supply' see here for details and here for the video directly. See here for some interesting slides as well on this topic from CDC.
13. Vaccine Storage and Handling Guidlines published May 2013 by the Ontario Ministry of Health and Long Term Care
14. EQUIPMENT to purchase (PLEASE NOTE I AM NOT ENDORSING ANY COMPANY, merely helping you find suppliers)
Shoreline Medical UK Ltd. data loggers see here, portable medical fridge see here but other sizes are available
PSUK Portable vaccine carrier see here
Williams Medical data logger see here, vaccine carrier bag see here but also search on the site for greater selection.
Morton Medical vaccine transport boxes see here
Please note, on 19th February 2014 the following CPD article was published in Nursing Standard. The full reference is:
Chiodini J (2014) Safe storage and handling of vaccines. Nursing Standard. 28,25, 45-52. (NS731)
Very little information is provided in UK guidance on equipment such as data loggers, vaccine transporters, portable vaccine fridges, so I've included these topics in the article. Nursing Standard have kindly allowed a copy of this article to be linked on the RCN immunisation page see here and for direct access click here or on the image below.
Interesting UK resources - click on images below
International resources - click on images below