The Future of Travel – South East London GPN Conference
HELLO – the content below will be available to you until the end of September 2017. Please note, it was up to date at the time of the South East London GPN Conference at the Indigo in the O2 on 27th June 2017.
News items may have changed since that time so refer to other resources as well, for example NaTHNaC and TRAVAX. After September this page will be taken ‘down’ however, all other pages on the website are always available.
Over the years, I’ve enjoyed designing ‘tools’ and resources for health care professionals to use in their daily practice – created to make the process easier. When using tools such as vaccine and malaria charts, advice leaflets etc. make sure though that you are always using the latest version. I would ask you to read the copyright and disclaimer statements pleaseResources from the Future of Travel presentation, listed mostly in order – I may have included some items below I didn’t discuss on the day but I hope you enjoyed the session!
Hepatitis A information and resources
- Guidance on shortage of Hepatitis A vaccine from Public Health England on 15.06.17
- Information about country advice changes and look at the polio vaccine advice within the country information
- Guidance for the Hepatitis A shortage from NaTHNaC published 23 June 2017
- Frequently Asked Questions from TRAVAX Regarding the Hepatitis A Vaccine Dose Sparing Recommendations fon 23.06.17 (but you’ll need your login details)
- FAQ on Hepatitis A and e learning – Nuggets of Knowledge – Hepatitis A vaccine
- FAQ on which vaccine manufacturer provides which vaccines here
- Further information about PGDs and PSDs here
Polio information and resources
- Global Polio Eradication Initiative (GPEI)
- WHO video explaining the GPEI here but look at other films too when on the page
- Polio Now – interactive map illustrating polio cases and disease surveillance
- Polio information from NaTHNaC here
- How to fill out an ICVP for polio from NaTHNaC here
- Purchasing ICVPs following polio vaccine (as Revaxis) administration here – page takes time to load
- Recommendation for administering more than one live vaccine see here
- Imported malaria into the UK statistics
- Malaria data , guidance and analysis
- Many other Malaria resources here
- E learning course for malaria based on PHE guidelines
FGM and Travel health
- FGM and travel resources which includes the documentary of the Cruel Cut
The future of travel
- Newspaper article on provision of travel vaccines in the future from the Independent here (others are available on searching)
- Travel health update in Practice Nurse on the subject here
- Providing an NHS travel service at the current time here
- Which travel vaccines are private and which are NHS at the current time here
- Virgin Galactic
- Space Tourism from Wikipaedia
Finding your way around and keeping up to date
- Forthcoming Travel Health Update Roadshow with the RCN and here on my website
- Facebook Page (Travel Health Training Ltd) here (please like!)
- My Blog here
- Practice Nurse Travel Health Update articles here
- NaTHNaC TravelHealthPro eBook
- NaTHNaC – to subscribe to alerts and newsletter here and see right hand side of page
- If a TRAVAX user click on Account on the top menu and subscribe to news and outbreaks from there
- To sign up to the Vaccine Update and/or subscribe to updates on other publications such as new chapters of the Green Book
KEY RESOURCES in TRAVEL HEALTH but remember these are always on the ‘Panda Page’ – see image left side of home page.
FINDING YOUR WAY AROUND WWW.JANECHIODINI.CO.UK – remember down the left hand side of the HOME page are images of some of the most useful pages to access directly rather than using the menu at the top.
- MANY helpful tools to standardise your service can be found on the tools page – or click on the image of the fruit and cutlery below! These will include travel risk assessment and management forms (nos. 1 and 2), advice leaflet and post vaccination letter you can customise (nos. 4 and 5), last minute traveller poster (no. 10), bravery certificates (no. 14), poster regarding rabies for reception staff (no. 16) and much much more!
- Wanting more education on travel – click the trainig image below
- Don’t forget the HELP page has loads of resources topic by topic
- To find the latest item added to this website go to ‘What’s New’ click here or image below right