MALARIA MATTERS is an e-learning course based on the Public Health England document
Read more below and click on the image left to access the course.
Please note the current course now been updated to the 2018 version of the guidelines.
- The course was updated to the latest version of the UK malaria guidelines on 1 March 2019
- It is now hosted on a new platform, but to keep it free of charge it is no longer possible to provide a certificate of completion
- It is suggested you complete a reflective account of the learning experience – full details are given when you visit the course website within resources and evaluation
- This interactive e learning takes approximately 6 hours to complete – there are 5 modules
- To read a blog detailing more information about the course, it’s history and background see here
- The course has consistently been rated as ‘5 star’ over the past five years
Malaria prevention is an integral part of a travel health consultation. Below are some resources to support you for this e-learning course.
Guidelines for malaria prevention in travellers from the UK.
- To view on the PHE website click here
- To download the PDF of the document click here
- Schematic diagram of the malaria lifecycle, as illustrated in the UK Malaria Guidelines – click here
- Leaflets for malaria prevention which could be used with your travellers
- Video of patient with malaria – see video no. 2, click here
PLEASE NOTE: FURTHER MALARIA RESOURCES CAN NOW BE FOUND IN THE ‘HELP’ SECTION
Click the image below