CLICK to go back to the HELP page
1. Immunisation against infectious disease ‘The Green Book’
3. Childhood immunisation schedule for the UK – there are two different charts available as follows:
- For the complete routine immunisation schedule here
- For the routine childhood immunisation schedule here
5. Variety of different immunisation leaflets from NHS Health Scotland on a number of topics and some in several languages
7. Quick chart of vaccine-preventable disease terms in multiple languages and another one here
8. European Control and Disease Prevention (ECDC) Vaccine schedule tool
13. Immunology for Immunisers – this contains some excellent videos on the topic, developed by the Health Protection Agency (HPA). It includes ten FAQs to help you explain some immunisation issues with your patients as well.
14. Immunisation Training Resources for Healthcare Professionals from the Public Health England
15. Historical vaccine developments and introduction of vaccines in the UK (from Public Health England)
17. Vaccination Ingredients page from NHS CHoice (some great resources)
20. NICE guidance: Vaccine uptake in under 19s (Quality standard [QS145])
21. MenB vaccine and paracetamol guidance from Public Health England
22. Find your local Health Protection Team in England here
23. British HIV Guidelines on the use of vaccines in HIV positive patients here
KEY IMMUNISATION TRAINING AND GUIDANCE DOCUMENTS, plus RCN resources page – click on images below
RCN position on HCSWs administering specific vaccinations, given as part of the routine national schedule HERE
There are excellent resources in other countries too, here are some links for interest, but just remember if practising in the UK you should follow our National guidance.
USA – CDC Vaccines and Immunization page which leads to numerous resources. Their Pink Book is similar to our Uk Green Book. For example, HERE is a direct link to the information on Vaccine Administration
Recommendations for Interrupted or Delayed Routine Immunization – Summary of WHO Position Papers updated March 2017
Immunization Action Coalition – this is also a US website, it has some interesting information to peruse!
Talking About Vaccines with Dr. Paul Offit of the Vaccine Education Center at The Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia answers many common questions about the safety of vaccines and the science behind their development in this video series.