CLICK to go back to HELP page
Resources for healthcare professional
5. Useful leaflets/information for travellers
From: NHS Choices
6. POSTER regarding action needed if a traveller rings your GP surgery with concern re potential exposure to rabies – see item no. 16 in ‘Tools’
7. My online e learning for rabies resources
Resources of interest from around the world
2. Centres for Disease Control and Prevention Plus training on rabies (remember from a US perspective, slightly different guidance to the UK) click here and for useful children’s education page click here
Accessing rabies vaccine and HRIG around the world
Clinics around the world that stock rabies vaccine and rabies specific immunoglobulin found on the International Society of Travel Medicine website, in their global travel clinic directory.
Rabies in the News
1. You Tube video – documentary entitled ‘The Girl Who Survived Rabies’. The remarkable story of the first person to survive rabies without the aid of a vaccination, but subsequent testing of the same technique did not have such good result see here and a documentary from India here published in 2009.
Tools to help
- in the communication of rabies risk to travellers – this is a short video on YouTube – click on left image below
- and the initial management of potential rabies post exposure risk in a GP surgery – this is a poster for surgery staff to raise awarenss – click on image on right below and go to item no. 16